- Directed by:
- Pat Kiernan
- Written by:
- Enda Walsh
- Mounted by:
- Corcadorca Theatre Company
- Cillian plays:
- (a volatile Cork teen)
Born seconds apart in 1979, teens Pig (Cillian Murphy) and Runt (Eileen Walsh) have been neighbours in Cork City, Ireland since birth. Inseparable growing up, they've developed a language of their own that has alienated them from their parents and peers. The delinquent duo spend their days mythologizing their shared history, watching TV shows such as Baywatch, dancing and drinking at discos, and racing around "Pork Sity" seeking victims for their violent, twisted games. But on their 17th birthday, the game changes when Pig acts on his new attraction to Runt, and sexual tension threatens to implode their infantalised, insular world.
Cillian originated the role of Pig in the first production of Disco Pigs.
Dates and Venues:
- September 1996 at Triskel Arts Centre, Cork, Ireland
- September–October 1996 at Dublin Fringe Festival, Dublin, Ireland
- 15–19 July 1997 at Nun’s Island Art Centre, Galway, Ireland
- 7–30 August 1997 at Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh, Scotland
- 3–27 September 1997 at The Bush Theatre, London, U.K.
- 17 November 1997, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- 17–21 April 1998 at The Du Maurier Theatre Centre, Toronto, Canada
- 9 June–25 July 1998 at The Arts Theatre, London, U.K.
- 7–12 September 1998 at The West Yorkshire Playhouse, Leeds, U.K.
- 15–19 September 1998 at Aben Scene, Magstraede, Denmark
- 11–13 November, 1998 at The Warwick Arts Centre, Coventry, U.K.
- 27–30 January 1999 at The Library Theater, Manchester, U.K.